Monday, February 16, 2015

#Shelflove: Book Budgets



Book Budgets.  Something I have never done before, I've just bought books when I had the money and wanted to.  But this year I have pledged to read from my TBR pile.  How have I been doing?  Below are the books I have read that I bought before December 31, 2014.
  1. Sometimes It Lasts by Abbi Glines (on my ereader since 2013)
  2. Kiro's Emily by Abbi Glines (freebie from December 2014)
  3. Tidal by Emily Snow (have had the audio since early 2014)
  4. Enforce by Rachel van Dyken (bought December 2014) 
  5. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines (bought December 2014)
  6. Bad for You by Abbi Glines (review audiobook from mid-2014)
  7. Hold on Tight by Abbi Glines (review audiobook from mid-2014)
  8. Take a Chance by Abbi Glines (bought 2014)
  9. One More Chance by Abbi Glines (review audiobook from 2014)
  10. Rush Too Far by Abbi Glines (review audiobook from 2014)
  11. Survivor in Death by J.D. Robb (audiobook from audible several years ago)
I've read 25 books so far this year so coming in close to 1/2 from my TBR feels good.

Now onto budget. Not buying books is out for me. Some of my favorite authors, series will come out through the year.  Then I'm sure there will be some new authors and books I will want and some book bargains that are too good to pass up. So I have set a budget this year at $20 a month along with my audible credit.  I also have a Scribd subscription but I had that before the new year.
 
In January I bought when I wanted, but came in under the $20.  This month I planned better and each pay period, I will put $10 on my amazon gift card (the electronic kind) and buy using that and that alone.  So far this month I haven't even spent the first $10 and get to put my next $10 on Friday.  I also expect to throw some of my birthday money to books, but that's acceptable since it's gift money :)

In January I bought:
  1. Wicked by Jennifer Armentrout - $4.24
  2. Inspire by Cora Cormack - $1.06
  3. Beautiful Redemption by Jamie Maguire - $6.39
  4. Ruin Me by Jessica Sorenson - $1.06
  5. The Knitting Answer Book by Margaret Radcliffe - $2.68
  6. Wicked by Emily Snow - $1.06
January Total:  $16.49 (less than budget!)

In February I bought so far:
  1. Never, Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher - $1.06  (and it's already been read!)

So how are you doing with your challenge?  Haven't joined the challenge, then check it out here.




2 comments:

Julie S said...

Woot look at you tearing through your TBR! That's excellent progress, and great book deals to help new purchases stay under your budget. Go you!

Unknown said...

Oh, the gift card idea is great--putting money there after each paycheck. I like that! :) I still have 2 Barnes & Noble gift cards that I got for Christmas collecting dust on my bulletin board. I pulled them down this weekend, but avoided the bookstore.

Terri M., the Director
Second Run Reviews

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.