Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Author Interview: Diane Thorne (A Gift to Remember)

Today I welcome Diane Thorne, author of A Gift to Remember from Breathless Press.  Please enjoy learning more about Diane and her book. 

What 3 things do you need in order to write?
Water, gum, and my iMac

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Everywhere except Mexico and the Middle East. I’d love to travel around the world and see historical places, experience different cultures, try different foods, etc. If only I could…

When did you decide you wanted to be a writer?
Well, I’ve always enjoyed writing. When I was about twenty-two, I wrote a short novella but didn’t do anything with it. I got pregnant the next year and writing no longer was a thought in my head. Around 2008, I realized I had plenty of time on my hands. I loved to read and just thought…hey, I should seriously try to write something. So I did.

What's the first sentence of A Gift to Remember?
Lips pressed together, Carol stared at the computer monitor on her desk and cursed the person within the company who had manipulated her template.

Tell us what A Gift to Remember is all about.
Carol works for a wonderful man named Thomas. He's married to Lynn. She's good friends with both Thomas and Lynn. Thomas is turning 40 and Lynn has the perfect gift idea for him. She wants to make his fantasy into reality - give him threesome and Carol is perfect for them. But Carol has some reservations. Can she work with her boss and be his lover while holding a relationship with his wife?

Dish, who’s your favorite character?
Thomas

What would you say is Thomas’s most prized possession? 
His wife.

What book would Thomas have on his nightstand?
He doesn't have time to read. His business keeps him occupied and at night, he has Carol and Lynn to keep him busy.

For all of us impatient readers, what is up next for you?
The sequel, Another Gift to Remember, comes out in 2014 with Breathless Press. I'm taking a small break before I start something new.

What one book that turned you on to reading?
When I was 15, Interview with the Vampire turned me on to reading.

What book(s) are you reading right now?

Laurell Hamilton’s The Laughing Corpse.

Describe yourself in 140 characters or less.
I'm a single woman who enjoys traveling, sunny days, shopping with my daughter, laughter, and red wine. I dislike taxes, slow drives, cold weather, and cranky people. I'm open-minded and have a very active imagination.
(I didn't actually count the characters. Please, don't boot me off your blog.)

LOL, no booting off here, :)

What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t writing?
Read and catch up on shows.









A Gift to Remember by Diane Thorne

Breathless Press Contemporary Romance
Word Count 32 300 * Heat Rating 2 * ISBN 978-1-77101-178-5 * Releases 22 November 2013 

Carol has spent the last five years working as an assistant for her boss, Thomas Barrett. She enjoys her job, and is a good friend to his wife, Lynn.

Every year Lynn asks Carol for assistance in obtaining a gift idea for Thomas's birthday. With his big fortieth arriving in a week, Carol expects she'll need to snoop around the office for Lynn. To Carol's surprise, Lynn already has an idea for Thomas's present, and it's one he will never forget.

Lynn invites Carol to join her and Thomas in a ménage a trois. Although shocked, Carol considers such a rare opportunity to broaden her sexuality. But if she joins her boss and his wife in the bedroom, will Carol be able to continue a relationship with them?

Moreover, can she keep her job working for Thomas?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.