Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Where I've Been and Direction of the Blog

Wow, it had been awhile before I published the review earlier today.  There are multiple reasons for my absence.  One I haven't been reading as much.  Two, life has been really busy this summer.  And finally three, I think I'm just burned out with blogging. 

So what's next?  I plan on keeping the blog and will do tours/books I really, really want to read but for awhile I am going to read what I want to read and get back to the spirit of my blog when I started it.  I think most reviewers go through this and I may be back in less than a month reviewing books like crazy but for now, it will just be the books I read. 

I have stacks of books now where I couldn't get to half of what was sent to me.  I have my own bookshelves that are full, a Kindle that is full and I have a wonderful library full of books that I want to read and can never get to anymore.  So it's time to read for me, catch up on some old reviews, do a few select reviews and just find the joy in reading again.  I'm sure some of you have felt the same way.

And summer may pass and time at our beloved Cape will come to a close and cool nights will ensue and I am sure I will be voraciously reading again.  But for now I'm trying to refeed my passion with Goblet of Fire and finish working my way through the Harry Potter books.  As I started the book last night I remembered why I love this series and I was sad I didn't have time to finish it.  Now I will.  And hopefully that will rekindle the love and I'll be back full-time.

If you have comments on how you have gotten out of a reading/blogging slump, please feel free to leave them.  I would love to hear from you as I always do.

I may also pick up some memes again just to get the blogging mojo going again so don't count me out yet.  As I am writing this I am feeling some of the mojo returning.  I have loved this blog for four years and hope to continue it more.

Have a great week everyone!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.