Thursday, August 8, 2013

Booking Through Thursday: 8/8/13

btt button
All other things being equal (good writing, enthralling story, etc), which would you rather read—something serious, angsty, and tragic? Or something light, fluffy, and fun? Or a blend of both? (Since, really, isn’t that how real life works?)

This is tough, but I'm going to be a wimp and say both.  Sometimes the serious and angsty suits me and sometimes with life going crazy I need the light and fluffy. 

And when I want to mix them I read Harry Potter like I am right now.  They can be serious, they can be fun, but when it's all done, they are great books.  And as I am divng into book 4 (Goblet of Fire) I know the darkness will continue to be in more of the books, but I'm okay with that. They are still an easy fun read that suits me at this moment.  Now next week I will probably be back to Being Me by Lisa Marie Rice which is more serious and angsty (and hot!)



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mood is a determining factor.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/booking-through-thursday.html

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.